Sometimes words can’t do justice to the importance of pre-employment screening. The statistics below describe, in further detail, the kinds of workplace risks that pre-employment screening will help you avoid.
HR Statistics: False Information
1. 53% of all job applications contain inaccurate information.
2. 49% of the 3,100 hiring managers surveyed had caught a job applicant fabricating some part of his/her resume.
3. 34% of all application forms contain outright lies about experience, education, and ability to perform essential functions on the job.
4. 9% of job applicants falsely claimed they had a college degree, listed false employers, or identified jobs that didn’t exist.
HR Statistics: Bad Hires
10. The U.S. Department of Labor estimates that the average cost of a bad hiring decision can equal 30% of the first year’s potential earnings.